{datenight} keep on rockin' in a free world!

i love music!!! what a lovely way to spend an evening with someone special going over your music collections together! or, just exploring some music on your own!






have you listened to your old mixtapes lately? any old tapes for an old flame? i use to play sinead o'connor's *nothing compares 2u* over and over again in recognition of a lost love. finding that tape again recently has been a flashback!



are there lyrics that just make your heart ache with joy? or the tone of a song, a note being held just right and just long enough to tickle your heart?



do you have any new artists you've been wanting to checkout? i love exploring youtube or myspace and just clicking along to the next song link to see where we go with the music...



and of course, there's always jamming out with some live music! RAWK!!!



who are some of your favorite bands? let us know in the comments who you recommend or what old mixtapes you came across!

xoxo,
rootmix!

p.s. if you want kate to draw one of your mix tapes, follow this link and send it along!!!

1 comment:

FoundProdigalDaughter said...

Oh my gosh...I'm scared to even think about going through my mixed tapes...but I should definitely dig them out next time I'm at my parents. I don't even know what's on them but probably a wide-mix from the late 90's early 2000's...lol. Plus I used to steal my sisters Cocktail Soundtrack all the time as a kid because I LOVED Kokomo by The Beach Boys. LOL.