branding before the horse.

I've branded a new project before it's even a day old!  When I was thinking about my new art journal and looking up new techniques on the youtubes, I felt constrained when I thought of having to mark a date on a page when it was worked on and then "not being able to add to it" on another day if it was already dated, cuz then I'd have to keep track of dating it again.  I know, right?  So I stumbled upon the branding of "Q2".  The sales peeps at the office/"artist-in-residence-work-contribution" job were finishing up their quarter and get to take Monday off for reaching their goal.  (The mention of a day off is what got me to daydreaming.)  I figured, perfect!  A selection of time I can easily house my project in, work across all pages as needed/desired in that 3 month period, quarter two, Q2 was born!



So that's what I painted on the cover of my art journal.  My Quarter Two art journal.

No comments: