{sunday's bouquet} focus!


it's going to be a lovely sunday! i'm getting my now & later list together for the day. oh, what's a now & later list, you ask? it's just a little technique i use to stay focused throughout the day. it helps me work on my priorities and keep first things first.

what does it look like in action? ok, well, i determine what deadlines i have for the day and what MUST get accomplished. (and i'm realistic about it - there's a difference between must-have and nice-to-have.) then, as i work on my *now* list, and i get thoughts in my head of what to jump into next (like paint my walls, or take out the trash - both things that will have to get done) i write them on the *later* list. it's not going to maim anyone if the trash is taken out tomorrow rather than today. but i do have deadlines today - so stay focused on the now list!

when i get my now list done, i can then select the top priorities from my later list - making sure to include some of the fun tasks as a reward for staying focused earlier in the day!

what do you do to stay focused? share your brilliance in the comments below!

xo,
rootmix!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Im FelicityLingle from swap-bot. I don't see your "follow" button, so I subscribed to the rss feed instead.

Lady Rose said...

Im LadyRose from Blogger swap at Swap-bot and I love you blog and i am now following you.

The Shepards said...

Hello this is xd0nn4x from swapbot! I already follow you :) Have a wonderful day.

katie hanson said...

that's a great idea! i love it :) i'm going to make mine right now! :)

love your blog!

Katie (kateandoli from swap-bot)
www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

Pippa said...

I'm Mendingchina from swapbot :)
Thanks for sharing!
<3

Michelle said...

Heya, this is themusefactory from swap-bot. I can't believe how organized you are, I feel so unproductive now, lol!

Anonymous said...

Oops, found the follow button. : )

Milly said...

I'm not very good at staying focused, so have no great tips to add...however, LOVE your now & later lists idea! Hope you don't mind if I try implementing that...
Swap-bot brought me here, and I'm really glad it did -- love your blog!
Milly / Thistlecraft
http://thistlecraft.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I received your lovely cloud postcard from Hanna's postcard swap. Thank you so much. Your postcard brightened up my day.
Anna

Fi said...

That's actually also a good idea to get your things done.But don't you feel a constant pressure like that because you always have things on your list that need to be done?

Marie aka Grams said...

Hi there. Thank you so much for sending along the postcard for the DIY swap. It was whimsical, and came on a rainy day, which made me appreciate it even more.
Marie

#41x14 said...

hi everyone from swap-bot!

thanks for stopping by! it's been really fun getting into swaps and this month i will be sharing some of the atc's i've made and received from swap-bot!

@katie, how'd the now&later list go?

@michelle, i feel most productive when i can be intentional! i just jump in where i am!

@milly, go for it! let me now how it works for you and if you do anything to customize the idea for yourself!


rm

#41x14 said...

@anna & @marie, that was a fun swap with ihanna and fun to make those postcards! glad you liked them and thanks for the note!

xoxo,
rootmix

#41x14 said...

@fi, i know - it would seem that way. but if i don't write it down, i'd want to work on the project immediately and i'd miss earlier deadlines!

i used to use un-accomplished lists to beat myself up on what i DIDN'T do and actually had to take a list-making hiatus a couple years ago.

now i just use lists if they are supportive. i don't loose any of my ideas and i get to focus on what's most important first. i wanna learn more about gtd - getting things done...